Labouchere system (also known as Cancellation system) was created by Henry Du Pré Labouchère in the 19th century.
Henry Du Pré Labouchère was English politician, writer, and publisher. But above all, he was an enthusiastic gambler, specially at horse races. In two years he bet about £6,000 in those races!!
To create his system, he was motivated by the betting progressions published by Jean Le Rond d’Alembert. Labouchere studied the most common betting progression in that time and created his own.
The Labouchere system consists on creating a sequence of numbers (bet amounts). In case of win, numbers are canceled, and in case of lose more bets are added to the sequence. When all the numbers have been canceled, the systems ends.
This system can be achieved in 4 easy steps.
1) Define the sequence. For example 1,1,1,1. (this numbers should be adapted to your needs, available money, time, etc.)
2) Make your bet. Your bet amount is going to be the sum of the external numbers 1,1,1,1. Bet amount = 2.
3) If you win, make the cancellation of external numbers 1,1,1,1. And repeat step two, now the bet is 1+1=2.
4) if you lose, add the bet amount (4) to the end of the sequence and repeat step two. The new sequence is 1,1,2. Now the bet is 3.
You finish when all sequence is canceled.
Important things to consider:
- Before go to the casino, prepare your bet.
- Use short sequences, the longer the sequence the lesser probabilities to succeed.
- Set your own limits in case of a losing streak. I recommend to stop after 3 or 4 consecutive loses. In that case, stop, relax and return other day. The casino will be there waiting your you.
- Also set limits for winning streaks, remember that is impossible to win forever. It is very common to happen long series of the same kind numbers (color,s high/low, even/odd, etc)
In next table, I present an example based on European roulette and red color bet.
First, the sequence has been defined: 2,2,2. As well as the bet amount 2+2=4.
As the result was 23, the external numbers are canceled.
The next sequence is 2 and the bet is also 2. The result was 0, so the bet has to be added to the end of the sequence 2,2. The new bet is 4.
The result was 9, the sequence has been completed, and profits has been obtained.
|Roulette spin||Sequence||Bet amount||Roulette result||Accumulated profits|
|–||–||–||You have won||6|
It can be a little difficult to pay attention on roulette results, make the bet, follow the sequence. Sometimes gamblers lose count and make mistakes, very, very expensive mistakes. For that reason, when I bet I prefer to use my own app.
In this video I show you how I beat roulette for a short, but effective Labouchere sequence in a real casino. The trick is to hit and run. When I have won two times I stop and return other day.
Besides the fact that the Labouchere system can be performed easily with the app. You should note that it is not necessary to bet always on the same kind of numbers. As seen in the video, you can adapt your betting choices based on the roulette behavior and your experience.
Labouchere system is a very effective method for short sequences and the appropriated limits (for lose and win). As you can see in the video, it is not necessary to bet always on the same kind of numbers, you can change your bet choice depending on the roulette behavior and your experience. As I always say:
Think twice, bet once, win a lot of money.
Labouchere system can very easy to follow with short sequences. If you define your betting plan before going to the casino, you will have more chances to obtain profits. This system and more are explained in the roulette cheat sheet here.